ⓘ Free online encyclopedia. Did you know? page 142



                                               

Moscow City Hall

The former Moscow City Hall is an ornate red-brick edifice situated immediately to the east of the State Historical Museum and notable in the history of architecture as a unique hybrid of the Russian Revival and Neo-Renaissance styles. During Sov ...

                                               

Saint Petersburg City Duma

Saint Petersburg City Duma was established in 1785 in the course of Catherine the Greats municipal reform. Emperor Paul replaced it by the so-called Ratusha, but his son, Alexander I, had the Duma restored four years later. The next emperor, Nich ...

                                               

La Paeria

The Palace of La Paeria is the name the city hall of Lleida, Catalonia, Spain, which currently houses the city council. The see is located on Plaça de la Paeria. Lleidas mayor is called Paer en cap, a term also used for Cerveras mayor. The term p ...

                                               

Melgar de Fernamental Town Hall

The Melgar de Fernamental Town Hall is located in Melgar de Fernamental, Spain. Placed in the center of Spain Square, it is built in plateresco style. Its reduced arch front gate is flanked of pilasters, crowned with a central balcony accompanied ...

                                               

Old City Hall of Jerez de la Frontera

The Old City Hall of Jerez de la Frontera is a building located in Jerez de la Frontera, Spain. It was declared Bien de Interes Cultural in 1943.

                                               

Ludvika Town Hall

Ludvika Town Hall is the official Municipal Council building for the City of Ludvika in Dalarna County, Sweden. Situated centrally, the town hall is found in the corner of Bangatan and Dan Anderssons gata, opposite Ludvika Ulrica, the local paris ...

                                               

Umeå Town Hall

Umeå Town Hall was built after the fire in 1888 that burnt the city to the ground. It was erected on the site where the previous town hall had been located and was completed in 1890. The architect was Fredrik Olaus Lindstrom from Stockholm. In th ...

                                               

Vadstena Town Hall

The town hall is the oldest surviving town hall in Sweden. It was built during the 15th and 16th centuries. It is located on Rådhustorget, the oldest square of Vadstena which derives its name from the town hall. The square itself is mentioned in ...

                                               

Basel Town Hall

The Basel Town Hall is a 500-year-old building dominating the Marktplatz in Basel, Switzerland. The Town Hall houses the meetings of the Cantonal Parliament as well as the Cantonal Government of the canton of Basel-Stadt. The Great Council Chambe ...

                                               

Rathaus Rapperswil

Rathaus Rapperswil is the former Rathaus of the city government of medieval town of Rapperswil, Canton of St. Gallen in Switzerland. Today, the building houses a cafe and restaurant, the city archives and a collection of stained glass windows, si ...

                                               

Zurich Town Hall

The Rathaus in Zurich, Switzerland is Zurich s Town Hall. The Rathaus was built from 1694-1698. It served as the seat of government and administration of the Republic of Zurich until 1798. The canton of Zurich owns it since 1803, and it houses bo ...

                                               

Buchach Town Hall

Buchach City Hall, also known as the Buchach townhall, is a unique building of architectural significance dating to the mid-18th century in Buchach, Ternopil region, Ukraine. It was built in 1740-1750-th when the city belonged to the Crown of the ...

                                               

Presidential Office Building, Tirana

The Presidential Office houses the Office of the President of Albania and is the principal workplace of the President. It consists of the immediate staff of the president, as well as support staff reporting to the president. It is located in the ...

                                               

Prime Ministers Office (Albania)

The Prime Ministers Office ; is the official office and residence of the Prime Minister of Albania. It is a ministerial level executive agency within the Government of Albania that handles the ministries and other political matters that are of gr ...

                                               

Campbell Park, Canberra

Campbell Park, also known as the Campbell Park Offices, is a large 1970s Brutalist style office building located in the Campbell Park Woodland at the southeastern base of Mount Ainslie, Canberra, the national capital of Australia. Together with t ...

                                               

Randwick Barracks

6th Brigade 19th Chief Engineer Works 17th Sustainment Brigade Headquarters, 1st Psychology Unit and 1st Health Support Company Randwick Barracks, NSW Headquarters, 17th Sustainment Brigade 2nd Division Headquarters, 2nd Division Randwick Barrack ...

                                               

Russell Offices

The Russell Offices is a complex of office buildings located in the Canberra suburb of Russell. Parking in the precinct is controlled by the National Capital Authority. Together with Campbell Park, these two complexes are home to the Australian D ...

                                               

Law Courts (Edmonton)

The Law Courts building is the main courthouse in the city of Edmonton, the capital of Alberta. It hosts hearings of the Provincial Court of Alberta, the Alberta Court of Queens Bench, and the Court of Appeal of Alberta. The courthouse is located ...

                                               

Canadian Parliament Buildings

The Parliament Buildings are three edifices arranged around three sides of Parliament Hills central lawn, the use and administration of the spaces within each building overseen by the speakers of each chamber of the legislature. The Centre Block ...

                                               

Colonial Building

The Colonial Building located in St. Johns was the home of the Newfoundland government and the House of Assembly from January 28, 1850 to July 28, 1959. In 1974 it was declared a Provincial Historic Site. In 1832 when the Colony of Newfoundland g ...

                                               

Old Parliament Building (Quebec)

Old Parliament Building was the site of the seat of government of Lower Canada, Canada West, Province of Canada and Quebec. It was located in what is Parc Montmorency today, the site of two Parliament buildings from 1791 to 1883.

                                               

Parliament Building (Quebec)

The Parliament Building is an eight-floor building in Quebec City and home to the Parliament of Quebec, composed of the Lieutenant-Governor and the National Assembly. The building was designed by architect Eugene-Etienne Tache and was built from ...

                                               

Parliament Hill Rehabilitation

The Parliament Hill Rehabilitation is a series of ongoing rehabilitation and preservation projects at the complex on Parliament Hill, in Ottawa, Ontario. The -billion project aims to preserve and rehabilitate the Parliament of Canada and various ...

                                               

222 Jarvis Street

222 Jarvis Street is an office building on Jarvis Street in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. The inverted-pyramid-shaped building contains ten storeys and was completed in 1971. Constructed of pre-cast concrete skinned in dark brown brick veneer, it was ...

                                               

Downsview Complex

First developed in the 1950s during the construction of Ontario Highway 401 and residential neighbourhood from former farmland, the site is currently the location of the Ministry of Transportations Toronto office and part of the overall HQ staff ...

                                               

Frost Building

For the building in Nashville, Tennessee, see Frost Building Nashville, Tennessee. The Frost Building is a curved 7 and 6 storey office building complex on the south east side of Queens Park Crescent in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. The building is o ...

                                               

Macdonald Block Complex

The Macdonald Block Complex is a set of office buildings in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, that houses 12 cabinet ministers, 15 Ontario government ministries and the largest concentration of Ontario public servants. Its address is 900 Bay Street, and ...

                                               

Mowat Block

The Mowat Block is an office building in Toronto, Ontario, home to Ontarios provincial Ministry of Education, Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development, and Infrastructure. It is part of a massive 24 storey government complex east of ...

                                               

Whitney Block

The Whitney Block is an important Government of Ontario office building located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It is located across the street from the Ontario Legislative Building, and contains the offices of the Premier of Ontario and most cabine ...

                                               

Edifice Andre-Laurendeau

Edifice Andre-Laurendeau is an eleven-story office tower located at 1050, rue des Parlementaires in Quebec City, Quebec, Canada. The Beaux-Arts structure was built between 1935 and 1937 by Lacroix, Drouin and Bergeron and is the property of the G ...

                                               

Edifice Jean-Antoine-Panet

Edifice Jean-Antoine-Panet is an 8 floor office tower built in 1931, located in Quebec City, Quebec and is part of the complex of buildings of the Government of Quebec. The Beaux-Arts building was designed by architects Lorenzo Auger, Oscar Beaul ...

                                               

HMS Mosquito (shore establishment)

HMS Mosquito was a Royal Navy coastal forces base at Alexandria, Egypt during the Second World War. The base was operational from 1942 to 1945 as a repair centre and base for coastal forces boats. Mosquito was commissioned at Mahroussa Jetty on 1 ...

                                               

Ras El Tin Palace

Ras El Tin Palace is a palace on the coast of the Mediterranean Sea in Alexandria, Egypt. It is one of the official residences for a serving President of Egypt. Under the Muhammad Ali Dynasty of Egypt and Sudan, it was a royal palace. Ras El Tin ...

                                               

City Palace, Potsdam

The Potsdam City Palace is a building in Potsdam, Germany, located on the Old Market Square, next to the St. Nicholas Church. It was the second official residence of the margraves and electors of Brandenburg, later kings in Prussia, kings of Prus ...

                                               

Deutschhaus Mainz

The Deutschhaus or Deutschordenskommende is a historical building in Mainz, western Germany, which is the seat of the Rhineland-Palatinate Landtag.

                                               

Leineschloss

The Leineschloss, situated on the Leine in Hanover, Germany, is the former residence of the Hanoverian dukes, electors and kings. Currently it is the seat of the Landtag of Lower Saxony. The first building on the site was a Franciscan friary, con ...

                                               

Saxon Landtag (building)

The Saxon Landtag is a building at the Bernhard von Lindenau Platz in Dresden, which serves as the seat of the landtag of Saxony, the Landtag of the Free State of Saxony.

                                               

Rajasthan Assembly Building

The Rajasthan Assembly Building is one of the most modern legislature complexes in India. It is situated in Jyoti Nagar, Jaipur the capital of the state.

                                               

Light House Hill

Light House Hill is situated in Hampankatta, the heart of Mangalore City in the southern India. It was built by Hyder Ali and was used as watch tower for Sultanate of Mysore Navy.

                                               

Minicoy Island Lighthouse

The Minicoy Island Lighthouse, which was established on 2 February 1885 at the southern end of the Minicoy Island in the Indian state of Lakshadweep during the British regime, is 49.5 metres in height and has now a range of 40 nautical miles it i ...

                                               

Karnataka Public Works Department

Karnataka Public Works Department is the Karnataka government agency in charge of the public works in the state of Karnataka, India. It is entrusted with the responsibility of construction and maintenance of buildings for most of the Karnataka go ...

                                               

Kerala Public Works Department

Kerala Public Works Department is a department under the government of the state of Kerala, India. It manages the construction and maintenance of civil structures owned by the government viz; government buildings, government owned hospitals, road ...

                                               

Belfast City Hall

Belfast City Hall is the civic building of Belfast City Council located in Donegall Square, Belfast, Northern Ireland. It faces North and effectively divides the commercial and business areas of the city centre. It is a Grade A listed building.

                                               

Stormont Estate

The Stormont Estate is an estate east of Belfast in County Down, Northern Ireland. It is the site of Northern Irelands main government buildings, which are surrounded by woods and parkland. Lying within the townland of Ballymiscaw, Stormont was o ...

                                               

County Hall, Carrick-on-Shannon

The former gaol, which was originally a much larger affair, and the prison governors house, a two-storey rendered building, were both completed in around 1810. Both buildings were acquired by Leitrim County Council in 1902. In 1968, a substantial ...

                                               

County Clare Building

Originally meetings of Clare County Council were held at Ennis Courthouse. The new county building, which was designed by Henry J Lyons & Partners, was completed in May 2008. It was commended in the public buildings category in the Irish Architec ...

                                               

Civic Offices, Clonmel

The site currently occupied by the Civic Offices was the location of the county gaol from the late 18th century. The current building, which was originally designed as a militia barracks, was completed in 1875. South Tipperary County Council, whi ...

                                               

County Hall, Dun Laoghaire

County Hall is a municipal facility in Marine Road, Dun Laoghaire in the county of Dun Laoghaire–Rathdown, Ireland.

                                               

County Hall, Galway

Following the implementation of the Local Government Ireland Act 1898, which established county councils in every county, Galway County Council held its first meeting in Tuam. It subsequently acquired the old Galway Infirmary, which dated from 18 ...

                                               

Kildare Building

Previously Kildare County Council had used the former St Marys Fever Hospital in Naas as its offices. By late 1990s, the old hospital buildings were in poor condition, and the county council identified the former Devoy Barracks site, which had be ...

Encyclopedic dictionary

Translation
Free and no ads
no need to download or install

Pino - logical board game which is based on tactics and strategy. In general this is a remix of chess, checkers and corners. The game develops imagination, concentration, teaches how to solve tasks, plan their own actions and of course to think logically. It does not matter how much pieces you have, the main thing is how they are placement!

online intellectual game →