ⓘ Free online encyclopedia. Did you know? page 356



                                               

Anija

Anija is a village in Anija Parish, Harju County in northern Estonia. It has a population of 128. Anija was first mentioned in 1241 as Hangægus village in the Danish Census Book.

                                               

Auto24ring

auto24ring is a motor racing circuit in Papsaare, near Parnu, Estonia. It is operated by A2 Racing MTU and is the only permanent road circuit in Estonia. The circuit hosts rounds of Baltic Touring Car Championship and other Estonian, Finnish, Bal ...

                                               

Elva Parish

Elva is a rural parish in the Estonian Tartu County with an area of 650 km 2. As of 2017, it has a population of 14241 inhabitants. It was created in 2017 from the merger of the municipality Elva with the rural communities Konguta Parish, Puhja P ...

                                               

Kabli Nature Reserve

Kabli Nature Reserve is a nature reserve situated in south-western Estonia, in Parnu County. A birdwatching tower was built here in 1969, and the area was designated a protected area in 1991. In 2007, the area was granted a higher degree of prote ...

                                               

Haapsalu linnastaadion

The Haapsalu City Stadium is a multi-purpose stadium in Haapsalu, Estonia. The stadium holds 869 seating places. The address of the stadium is Lihula mnt 10, 90507 Haapsalu.

                                               

Aaspere

Aaspere manor German: Kattentack was mentioned for the first time in the 16th century. The current building received its appearance around 1800. The manor is one of the finest examples in Estonia of neoclassical manor house architecture. The mano ...

                                               

Palmse

Palmse estate German: Palms belonged to the convent of St. Michael in Tallinn in the Middle Ages and is referred to as a manorial estate in 1510. From 1676 until the Estonian declaration of independence in 1919 it belonged to the Baltic German vo ...

                                               

Sagadi

Sagadi Manor German: Saggad was first mentioned in written records in 1469. During its history, it has belonged to several different Baltic German families. A rococo-style manor house was built in 1749-1753, the plans for which have unusually bee ...

                                               

Harku

Harku is a small borough in Harku Parish, Harju County, northern Estonia. As of 2011 Census, the settlements population was 868, of which the Estonians were 539. Harku was first mentioned probably in 1242 as Harkua. The only womens prison in Esto ...

                                               

Harku Manor

Harku manor was a manor in Harjumaa, Estonia. According to current administrative borders it is located on Harku Parish in Harju County.

                                               

Vaana

Vaana is a village in Harku Parish, Harju County in northern Estonia. It has a population of 266. Vaana is located about 20 km from the capital Tallinn.

                                               

Ahelaid

Ahelaid is a small uninhabited islet in Estonia. It lies in the Baltic Sea, south-east of Hiiumaa island. It has a surface area of 25 hectares. It is part of the Hiiumaa Islets Landscape Reserve. Ahelaid lies 10.5 km from the Sarve Peninsula on H ...

                                               

Kõpu Lighthouse

Kõpu Lighthouse is one of the best known symbols and tourist sights on the Estonian island of Hiiumaa. It is one of the oldest lighthouses in the world, having been in continuous use since its completion in 1531. The lighthouse marks the Hiiu Sho ...

                                               

Suuremõisa, Hiiu County

Suuremõisa is a village in Hiiumaa Parish, Hiiu County in northwestern Estonia. The village has 299 inhabitants and therefore is the largest village of the municipality. Soviet Estonian politician Meta Vannas 1924–2002, was born in Suuremõisa.

                                               

Hummuli

Hummuli is a small borough in Valga County, in southern Estonia. It is the administrative centre of Hummuli Parish. Hummuli has a population of 379. In 1702 the Battle of Hummelshof, part of the Great Northern War, took place near Hummuli.

                                               

Albu, Estonia

Albu Manor German: Alp is the oldest manor in Jarva county, mentioned for the first time in written sources in 1282. Fragments of the medieval walls are still preserved in the basement of the current manor house. The manor belonged to the Teutoni ...

                                               

Kuremaa

Kuremaa is a small borough in Jõgeva Parish, Jõgeva County in eastern Estonia. It lies 10 km from Jõgeva, near the northern shore of Lake Kuremaa, the 11th largest lake in Estonia. Kuremaa features an estate that was owned by the von Oettingen fa ...

                                               

Laiuse Castle

Laiuse Castle was a Livonian Order castle in Laiusevalja, Jõgeva Parish, Estonia. The castle is now in ruins. Laiuse Castle was the first castle in Estonia built to cope with firearms. The oldest part of the castle was probably built in the end o ...

                                               

Luua

Luua Manor German: Ludenhof has a history that goes back to at least 1519, when it was owned by Jurgen von Lude, whose family name is the source of the name of the estate. Subsequently it has belonged to several aristocratic families. In 1682 the ...

                                               

Jarlepa

Jarlepa is a village in Juuru Parish, Rapla County, Estonia. It has an area of 10.02 km 2 and a population of 206. In 2010 Sadala village was detached from the lands of Jarlepa and Lõiuse villages.

                                               

Kadrina Parish

Kadrina Parish is a rural municipality in Laane-Viru County, northern Estonia. It covers an area of 329.26 km² and has a population of 5.156. The parish has had its current borders since 2005, when Saksi Parish was dissolved and Kiku, Pariisi and ...

                                               

Kihelkonna Parish

Kihelkonna Parish was a municipality in Saare County, Estonia. The parish included the islands named Aherahu, Juksirahu, Kalarahu, Kakirahu, Laasirahu, Loonalaid, Maturahu, Mihklirahu, Noogimaa, Nootamaa, Ojurahu, Salava, Uus-Nootamaa, Vaika isla ...

                                               

Sausti

Sausti is a village in Kiili Parish, Harju County, in northern Estonia, located about 15 km south from the centre of Tallinn. It has a population of 153.

                                               

Keila-Joa

Keila-Joa is a small borough in Laane-Harju Parish, Harju County, northern Estonia. It has a population of 373. The Estonian name Keila-Joa literally means "Keila Falls", named after the river, distinguishing it from the town of Keila. The boroug ...

                                               

Vasalemma

Vasalemma is a small borough in Harju County, northwestern Estonia. As of 2011 Census, the settlements population was 879, of which the Estonians were 711. Vasalemma has a station on the Elron western route.

                                               

Chapel of Osmussaar

The Chapel of Osmussaar is a chapel on the island of Osmussaar which is currently in ruins. In 2014 the chapel along with the cemetery of Osmussaar was declared a national heritage site. The first wooden chapel was built at the port of Osmussaar ...

                                               

Einbi

Einbi is believed to be the oldest village in Noarootsi. The earliest written mention of the village is from 1457 in the form of Enbue, though local tradition places its origin in the Viking period. Archaeological evidence places the founding of ...

                                               

Koluvere Castle

Koluvere Castle, also Koluvere Episcopal Castle, is a castle in Koluvere, Laane County, in western Estonia.

                                               

Osmussaar

Osmussaar is an Estonian island situated in the mouth of the Gulf of Finland in the Baltic Sea, 7.5 km off the Estonian mainland. Administratively the island is part of Laane-Nigula Parish in Laane County. Its area is 4.8 km 2. Before the Soviet ...

                                               

Silma Nature Reserve

Silma Nature Reserve is a nature reserve situated in south-western Estonia, in Laane County. Silma nature reserve covers a vast expanse of lagoons, waterways, islets and coastal meadows, making the area an ideal stopover for migratory birds, with ...

                                               

Avaste Nature Reserve

Avaste Nature Reserve is a nature reserve situated in western Estonia, to largest extent in Parnu County. Avaste nature reserve consists of forests, fens, bogs and meadows. It is centred on Avaste fen, one of the largest fens in Estonia. The flor ...

                                               

Monument of Lihula

Monument of Lihula is the colloquial name of a monument commemorating the Estonians who fought for Estonia against the Soviet Union in World War II, located in a privately owned museum in Lagedi, Estonia. The monument has been controversial due t ...

                                               

Penijõe

Penijõe German: Pennijoggi estate was established in the first half of the 17th century. Before the Estonian Declaration of Independence in 1918, the manor had belonged to different Baltic German families. Between 1935-1955, the manor housed an a ...

                                               

Puhtu

Puhtu is a former islet and since the beginning of the 19th century a peninsula in western Estonia. Administratively it belongs to Virtsu small borough in Laaneranna Parish, Parnu County. Puhtu is covered by a speciose old broadleaf forest.

                                               

Puhtu-Laelatu Nature Reserve

Puhtu-Laelatu Nature Reserve is a nature reserve situated in western Estonia, in Laane County. It is located in the territory of Pivarootsi, Rame and Hanila villages and in Virtsu small borough. The nature reserve encompasses parts of Puhtu penin ...

                                               

Vatla

Vatla is a village in Laaneranna Parish, Parnu County, in western Estonia. Surgeon Eduard Georg von Wahl 1833–1890 was born in Vatla.

                                               

Muuga, Laane-Viru County

Muuga manor German: Munkenhof traces its history back to the 16th century, when it belonged to the Bridgettine convent in Pirita. During the course of history, it has subsequently belonged to various aristocratic families. In 1860, Muuga became t ...

                                               

Laimjala Parish

Laimjala Parish was in Saare County, Estonia. This parish did consist of 24 villages. The municipality had a population of 793 people as of 1 January 2006 and covers an area of 116 km². During the administrative-territorial reform in 2017, all 12 ...

                                               

Leisi Parish

Leisi Parish was a municipality in Saare County, Estonia. The parish did consist of one small borough Leisi and 53 villages. The municipality had a population of 2.137 as of 1 January 2010 and covered an area of 347.91 km². During the administrat ...

                                               

Aa, Estonia

Aa is a village in northern Estonia, on the southern coast of the Gulf of Finland in the eastern part of the Luganuse Parish of Ida-Viru County, 10 km from Luganuse. Part of the village, including the Aa manor house, is situated on the North Esto ...

                                               

Purtse Castle

Purtse Castle is a castle of a local Purtse knight manor in Purtse, northeastern Estonia. It was built in the middle of the 16th century, probably by the landowner Johann von Taube, at a time when late Gothic ways of building were slowly being ab ...

                                               

Vaimõisa

Vaimõisa as a landed estate has existed at least since 1494, but the first manor house was probably destroyed during the Livonian War. The first estate was established by a bailiff serving under Bishopric of Osel-Wiek. Throughout the centuries, t ...

                                               

Vana-Vigala

Vana-Vigala is a village in Marjamaa Parish, Rapla County in western Estonia. Since 2002 a metal festival Hard Rock Laager is held in Vana-Vigala every summer. Vigala river flows through Vana-Vigala. On the river, there has been appearing natural ...

                                               

Meremae Parish

Meremae Parish was a rural municipality of Estonia, in Võru County. It had a population of 1.140 and an area of 131.97 km². Meremae is a part of the cultural region of Setomaa.

                                               

Jaanikivi

Jaanikivi is a sacrificial stone in Võru County, Meremae rural municipality in Miikse village near Miikse church by Miikse Stream in Estonia.

                                               

Kuksina Hill

Kuksina Hill is the highest top of Vaaksaare upland, the eastern part of Haanja upland, with a height of 212 m over sea level. Kuksina Hill is the highest top of Meremae rural municipality. Vaaksaare uplands is a moraine hillock, where agricultur ...

                                               

Luikjarve farm

Luikjarve farm is an affiliate to Obinitsa Museum in Meremae rural municipality, in Tobrova village in Estonia; it is a typical seto fortress-farm. Obinitsa Museum consists of two parts - Obinitsa Seto Muuseumitarõ in Obinitsa village and Luikjar ...

                                               

Make wall

Make wall is a sandstone outcrop on the bank of the Piusa River in Estonia, up to 12 metres high, the height of the bank stretches up to 17 metres. Make wall is one of the protected natural features of the Piusa River ancient valley landscape pro ...

                                               

Meremae birch grove

Meremae birch grove, also known as Karner birch grove, is a forest stand under protection in Meremae rural municipality, in Meremae village in Estonia. The surface area of the grove is 2.0 hectares and it is under state protection. The grove was ...

                                               

Meremae Hill

Meremae Hill is a hillock in southeastern Estonia. Located on Vaaksaare upland, that belongs to the eastern part of Haanja Upland. Height from sea-level is 204 m. Vaaksaare uplands is a moraine hillock, where agricultural patches alternate with f ...

Encyclopedic dictionary

Translation
Free and no ads
no need to download or install

Pino - logical board game which is based on tactics and strategy. In general this is a remix of chess, checkers and corners. The game develops imagination, concentration, teaches how to solve tasks, plan their own actions and of course to think logically. It does not matter how much pieces you have, the main thing is how they are placement!

online intellectual game →