ⓘ Free online encyclopedia. Did you know? page 357



                                               

Poide Church

The current Poide Church building is believed to be constructed on the remains of an earlier chapel dating from the 13th century. After the conquest of Saaremaa in 1227, the eastern part of the island belonged to the Livonian Order, who built a f ...

                                               

Valjala Church

Saint Martins Church of Valjala is a Lutheran church in Valjala, on the island of Saaremaa, Estonia. It is the oldest stone church on Saaremaa and possibly the oldest surviving church in Estonia.

                                               

Vilsandi

The island of Vilsandi, Saaremaa Parish, Saare County, Estonia is located in the Baltic Sea. It covers an area of some 9 square km and is the westernmost populated island in Estonia. The surrounding waters are shallow and rocky and many ships tra ...

                                               

Kiisa Power Plant

The Kiisa Power Plant is an emergency reserve power plant, based on the engine power plant technology, located in Kiisa, Estonia, about 25 kilometres from Tallinn. As an emergency plant, it operates only in the case of a network failure or capaci ...

                                               

Saku, Estonia

Saku is a small town in Harju County, Estonia, located 16 km south from Tallinn, the capital. It is the administrative centre of Saku Parish. Saku had a population of 4.675 on 1 April 2012, which makes it the biggest small town in Estonia. Saku i ...

                                               

Salme Parish

Salme Parish was a municipality in Saare County, Estonia. It contained the northern half of the Sõrve Peninsula of the island of Saaremaa. Besides the small borough Salme there were 24 villages: Ansekula, Easte, Hindu, Imara, Jarve, Kaimri, Kauga ...

                                               

Saue

Saue is a town in north-western Estonia. Its the administrative centre of Saue Parish in Harju County. The territory of Saue is 3.50 square kilometres 1.35 sq mi and population about 5.800. Closest centres are Tallinn 18 km 11 mi), Keila 7 km 4 m ...

                                               

Vatsla

Vatsla is a village in Saue Parish, Harju County in northern Estonia, about 5km south-west of the city of Tallinn. The village has two parts and is bisected by Vatsla tee, which forms the main artery of the village and connects it to larger arter ...

                                               

Estonian Evangelical Lutheran Church

The Estonian Evangelical Lutheran Church is a Lutheran church in Estonia. EELC is member of the Lutheran World Federation and belongs to the Community of Protestant Churches in Europe. It is also a member of the Porvoo Communion, putting it in fu ...

                                               

French Institute of Estonia

The French Institute of Estonia was founded in 1992 in Tallinn to promote cultural, scientific, academic and language cooperation between France and Estonia.

                                               

Legal Information Centre for Human Rights

Legal Information Centre for Human Rights is a non-governmental organisation based in Estonia, according to Hanne-Margret Birckenbach, is "particularly involved in promoting the concerns of Russian-speaking inhabitants and with outstanding contac ...

                                               

Tapa Parish

Tapa Parish is a rural municipality in Laane-Viru County in northern Estonia. The administrative centre of the municipality is the town of Tapa. It is located 70 km east of Estonias capital, Tallinn.

                                               

Janeda

Janeda is a small village in northern Estonia. It is located in Laane-Viru County and is a part of Tapa municipality.

                                               

Porkuni

Porkuni is a village in Tapa Parish, Laane-Viru County, in northern Estonia. The settlement is located around the Lake Porkuni, which is the source of the Valgejõgi River. In 1944, the Battle of Porkuni was fought in the area.

                                               

Emajõgi

Emajõgi is a river in Estonia which flows from Lake Võrtsjarv through Tartu County into Lake Peipsi, crossing the city of Tartu for 10 km. It has a length of 100 km. The Emajõgi is sometimes called the Suur Emajõgi "Great Emajõgi", in contrast wi ...

                                               

Estonian Institute of Zoology and Botany

The Estonian Institute of Zoology and Botany is a zoological and botanical research institute based in Tartu, Estonia. It was founded in 1947. Since 1997, it belongs to the Estonian University of Life Sciences as a central biological research ins ...

                                               

Old St. Johns Cemetery

The Old St. Johns Cemetery lies in the southeastern part of Raadi Cemetery in Tartu, Estonia. It was entered into the National Register of Cultural Monuments on 23 May 1997. Following a ukase of Russian Empress Catherine II forbidding burials in ...

                                               

Monument of the War of Independence

In the Estonian village of Aksi in Tartu Parish, Tartu County, a monument commemorates the Estonian War of Independence from 1918 to 1920. It is located in the northern end of Aksi where the road Aksi-Kukulinna joins the road Tartu-Jogeva-Aravete.

                                               

Jarvekula Nature Reserve

Jarvekula Nature Reserve is a nature reserve founded in 1990, situated by Lake Vortsjarv in southern Estonia near the village of Jarvekula. The nature reserve has been established to protect the population of white-tailed eagles present in the ar ...

                                               

Kukruse

Kukruse is a village in Toila Parish, Ida-Viru County in northeastern Estonia. It is located by the Tallinn–Narva road, between the cities of Kohtla-Jarve and Jõhvi. Adjacent to the village is a district of Kohtla-Jarve sharing the same name, Kuk ...

                                               

Saka, Estonia

Saka is a village in Toila Parish, Ida-Viru County in northeastern Estonia. Before the 2017 Administrative Reform, the village belonged to Kohtla Parish.

                                               

Toila

Toila is a small borough in Ida-Viru County, in northeastern Estonia. It is located about 10 km northeast of the town of Jõhvi, on the coast of Narva Bay. Toila is known as an important sea resort in Estonia, with a spa hotel, beach and a beautif ...

                                               

Torgu Parish

Torgu Parish was a rural municipality at the tip of the Sõrve Peninsula on the island of Saaremaa in western Estonia. It is a part of Saare County. This parish consisted of 22 villages. The municipality had a population of 375 as of 1 January 200 ...

                                               

Turi Parish

Turi Parish is a rural municipality in Jarva County, Estonia. On 16 October 2005 Kabala Parish, Oisu Parish, Town of Turi and the former Turi Parish were united to form a new Turi Parish. On 2017 the parishes of Turi, Karu and Vaatsa were united ...

                                               

Turi Ganvix JK

Turi Ganvix JK is an Estonian football club based in Turi. Founded in 2004, they currently play in the II liiga, third of Estonian football. Turi linnastaadion is their home stadium. They also have a reserve team, SK Taaksi, which plays in III Liiga.

                                               

Kabala, Estonia

Kabala German: Kabbal became an independent manorial estate in 1638. It has belonged to several different Baltic German families. The present house was erected around 1770 when Hans Georg von Uexkull was the landowner, in a late baroque style. Th ...

                                               

Laupa

Laupa estate was established at the beginning of the 17th century. A wooden house was built at the site in 1853-55 by the Taube family but it was burnt down by insurgents during the revolt of 1905. The current building was designed by Tallinn-bas ...

                                               

Kiltsi Manor

Kiltsi Manor is a knight’s manor in Vaike-Maarja Parish, present day Laane-Viru County, Estonia. It is number 16079 on the Estonian State Register of Cultural Monuments.

                                               

Simuna, Estonia

Simuna is a small borough in Vaike-Maarja Parish, Laane-Viru County, in northeastern Estonia. It had a population of 454 on 1 January 2011. Before 2005 Simuna was the centre of Avanduse Parish which was merged to Vaike-Maarja Parish. One of the p ...

                                               

Vaike-Maarja Church

Vaike-Maarja Church is a church in Vaike-Maarja in Laane-Viru County, Estonia. Constructed in 1346, Vaike-Maarja Church has three nave-halls in Gothic architectural style and was initially built as a fortress church. The churchs organ was install ...

                                               

Holy Spirit Church, Valga

The Holy Spirit Church is the name given to a religious building belonging to the Catholic Church and located on 8th Street Malev, Valga in Estonia. The church has been classified as cultural and heritage monument, so it is protected. It is a neo ...

                                               

Haabneeme

Haabneeme is a small borough in Viimsi Parish, Harju County, in northern Estonia alongside Viimsi. Its located about 9 km northeast of the centre of Tallinn, on the eastern coast of Tallinn Bay. With a population of 5.634, Haabneeme is the larges ...

                                               

Rohuneeme

Rohuneeme is a village in Viimsi Parish, Harju County in northern Estonia. It is located about 14 km northeast of the centre of Tallinn, situated on the northern end of the Viimsi Peninsula. As of 2011 Census, the settlements population was 440. ...

                                               

Karstna

Karstna is a village in Viljandi Parish, Viljandi County, Estonia. Until the 2017 administrative reform of Estonian municipalities the village was located in Tarvastu Parish.

                                               

Raudna Nature Reserve

Raudna Nature Reserve is a nature reserve situated in southern Estonia, in Viljandi County. Raudna Nature Reserve protects a former quarry, now a lake, which functions as an important resting-place for migratory birds, as well as feeding and bree ...

                                               

Mõdriku

Mõdriku Manor German: Modders was first mentioned in 1470. Over the centuries, it has been the property of various Baltic German families. During the 20th century, it has been used by various schools. The building traces its oldest parts to the 1 ...

                                               

Kalvi

Kalvi is a village in Viru-Nigula Parish, Laane-Viru County, in northeastern Estonia. Its located about 4 km north of the Tallinn–Narva road, 5 km northwest of Aseri and 7 km northeast of Viru-Nigula, on the coast of the Gulf of Finland. Kalvi ha ...

                                               

Vormsi

Vormsi, also Ormso is the fourth-largest island of Estonia. It is located between Hiiumaa and the mainland and has a total area of 92 square kilometres. It is part of Vormsi Parish, a rural municipality.

                                               

Kirumpaa

A castle was built at this tactical position on a mound by Võhandu River, controlling an important road, sometime during the late 13th to early 14th century; it was first mentioned in written sources in 1322 when it is reported that it was pillag ...

                                               

Oberreichenbach

Oberreichenbach a part of Reichenbach im Vogtland, Vogtlandkreis, Saxony Oberreichenbach a part of Kammerstein, Roth, Bavaria Oberreichenbach a part of Birstein, Main-Kinzig-Kreis, Hesse Oberreichenbach, Baden-Wurttemberg, a town in the district ...

                                               

Urfeld am Walchensee

Source: Franz Seraph von Pfistermeister - in the period 1909–1912 Otto Borngraber - in the period 1905–1928 Peter Emil Recher - in the period 1913–1948 Berthold Kellermann - 1884 ‡ Colin Ross - April 1945 Hans Freiherr von Wolzogen - in the perio ...

                                               

Niederzwehren

Niederzwehren is a small town in Germany notable for its First World War prisoner-of-war camp and a consequent sizable war cemetery for the British prisoners who died in captivity.

                                               

Abstatt

There are no further villages belonging to Abstatt, but there are two hamlets called Happenbach and Vohenlohe.

                                               

Achern

Achern) is a city in Western Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany. It is located approximately 18 km southwest of Baden-Baden and 19 km northeast of Offenburg. Achern is the fourth largest city in the county of Ortenau, after Offenburg, Lahr / Black Forest ...

                                               

Achstetten

Achstetten is the northernmost municipality in the district of Biberach, in the region of Upper Swabia in Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany. The villages of Oberholzheim, Bronnen and Stetten were incorporated into the municipality of Achstetten between ...

                                               

Adelberg

The municipality of Adelberg is made up of the village of Adelberg, the neighbouring hamlet of Adelberg Abbey, and the houses, Herrenmuhle, Mittelmuhle und Zachersmuhle. In 1971, the hamlet of Nassach was transferred to the municipality of Uhingen.

                                               

Affalterbach

This article is about the municipality in Baden-Wurttemberg. For the village near Pfaffenhoven, Bavaria, see Affalterbach, Pfaffenhofen an der Ilm. Affalterbach is a municipality in the Ludwigsburg district in Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany, about 25 ...

                                               

Aichelberg

Aichelberg is a municipality in the district of Goppingen in Baden-Wurttemberg in southern Germany. Aichelberg is between Stuttgart and Ulm at the Albaufstieg, the slope of the Swabian Jura in 357–615 meters altitude. Characteristic of the locati ...

                                               

Aichwald

Aichwald consists of the formerly independent municipalities Aichelberg, AichschieS and Schanbach. For former municipality Aichelberg the village belongs 2355 inhabitants, as at 31 July 2010. For former municipality AichschieS the village Aichsch ...

                                               

Albershausen

Albershausen is located between the lower Filstal and the Swabian Jura at the Butzbach, a small left tributary of the Fils. The village stretches along the national road B 297 between Uhingen and Kirchheim unter Teck.

Encyclopedic dictionary

Translation
Free and no ads
no need to download or install

Pino - logical board game which is based on tactics and strategy. In general this is a remix of chess, checkers and corners. The game develops imagination, concentration, teaches how to solve tasks, plan their own actions and of course to think logically. It does not matter how much pieces you have, the main thing is how they are placement!

online intellectual game →